Ebico Trading Ltd (Us) understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this or other website owned by Us (“Our Site”) and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a manner that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
This webpage (together with the documents referred to in it) gives you the terms on which you use our Site, whether as a guest or a registered user. Use of Our Site includes accessing, browsing, or registering.
If you do not agree to these terms of website use, you should not use it.
Other applicable terms
If you purchase energy services from Our Site, our Terms and Conditions of supply will apply to the sales.
Information about us
ebico.org.uk is a site operated by Ebico Trading Ltd (“We”, “Us”, “Our”). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 3507095 and have our registered office at 2nd Floor, The Zinc Building, Broadshires Way, Carterton, Oxon OX18 1AD.
As a data subject, you have the following rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which this Policy and our use of personal data have been designed to uphold:
- The right to be informed about our collection and use of personal data;
- The right of access to the personal data We hold about you;
- The right to rectification if any personal data We hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete;
- The right to be forgotten i.e. the right to ask us to delete any personal data We hold about you;
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or organisation);
- The right to object to us using your personal data for particular purposes; and
- Rights with respect to automated decision making and profiling.
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, please contact us using the details provided below and We will do our best to solve the problem for you. If We are unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Changes to these terms
Changes to Our Site
Although we are under no obligation to update it, we do seek to keep Our Site up to date, and so can change the content from time to time. Please note, however, that at any given time any of the content on Our Site may be out of date.
Whilst of course we try our best, we cannot guarantee that Our Site, or any content on it, will at all times be free from errors or omissions.
Accessing Our Site
Our Site is made available free of charge.
We try to ensure that Our Site will be available when customers want to use it, although we cannot guarantee that Our Site, or any content on it, will always be available, uninterrupted. Access to Our Site is permitted on a temporary basis meaning that we have the right to suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of Our Site without notice. In these circumstances, we will not be liable to you if for any reason Our Site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to Our Site.
Our site is aimed at people residing in Great Britain, to whom we offer our services.
What data we hold?
- Depending upon your use of Our Site and/or products or services provided by brands operated by Us, We may collect and hold some or all of the following personal data:
- Title, Name, Surname;
- Date of Birth;
- Special categories, such as Priority Service Register (PSR);
- business/company name;
- job title;
- contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences, and interests;
- Voice telephone recordings
- Meter Point Administration Number (MPAN)
- Meter Point Reference Number (MPRN)
- Technical meter details
- IP address;
- web browser type and version;
- operating system;
- a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on Our Site, and the site you exit to;
You may provide to us information about you by filling in forms on this website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. The information you provide to us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, financial and credit card information, your energy supply details, your property and lifestyle details.
We need this information so that we provide to you products and/or services provided or sold by Us. We may communicate with you on any matter relating to the conduct and/or provision of the products and/or services in general, including notifying you about any changes to the products and/or services. Our use of your information includes, but is not limited to, sharing your personal information with our selected partner(s) (including any successor partner(s) if applicable) to enable them to provide you with the products and/or services as requested by you.
We may pass your details to a third party (including but not limited to another member of our group or partner(s) from time to time) for the purposes of providing the products or services or in the event of a sale of any part of our business or where we are required to disclose your personal information by a governmental body, regulatory authority or law enforcement agency. We will not otherwise disclose your information to a third party.
In order to handle your application, account or purchase more effectively, we may act on your behalf and access details that our partner(s), or any successor partner(s), hold.
How do we use your data?
All personal data is processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. The legal purpose for which we hold your data is either contractual obligation/legitimate interest or consent. We will comply with our obligations and safeguard your rights under the data protection laws and regulations at all times.
Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary for Our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to our use of your personal data (e.g. by subscribing to emails or marketing communication), or because it is in our legitimate interests. Specifically, We may use your data for the following purposes:
- Providing and managing your Account;
- Providing and managing your access to Our Site;
- Personalising and tailoring your experience on Our Site;
- Supplying our products and/or services to you (please note that We require your personal data in order to enter into a contract with you);
- Personalising and tailoring our services for you;
- Replying to emails from you;
- Supplying you with emails that you have opted into (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time);
- Market research;
- Analysing your use of Our Site to enable us to continually improve Our Site and your user experience;
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, We may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email or telephone with information, news and offers on our services. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that We fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the GDPR, Data Protection Act 2018 and the e-Privacy Act 2018 and any subsequent legislation.
Third parties whose content appears on Our Site may use third party Cookies. Please note that We do not control the activities of such third parties, nor the data they collect and use and advise you to check the privacy policies of any such third parties, the details of whom can be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to us using your personal data at any time, and to request that We delete it.
We do not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary for the purpose for which it was first collected. The following personal data may be collected, held, and processed by Us for the purposes of providing products and/or services:
Title, Name, Surname, Energy supply address, Billing address, Email address, Telephone number, Date of Birth, Bank details, financial details, Credit card details, any self-declared vulnerabilities, Personal Projection. Your details will be retained whilst you remain our customer and for up to 36 months thereafter.
In addition, we will record your consent to us keeping you in touch about our products and services. Your communication preference will be kept with us until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive this information.
How and Where Do We Store Your Data?
Your data will only be stored within the European Economic Area (“the EEA”). Data security is very important to us, and to protect your data We have taken suitable measures to safeguard and secure data collected through Our Site.
Steps We take to secure and protect your data include:
- We continuously update staff training in line with the latest data protection and security best practice. Our website is secured using SSL encryption and we continuously review our IT security procedures.
- We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal data. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of this website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- We also keep your information confidential. Our internal procedures cover the storage, access and disclosure of your information.
Transferring data outside EEA
To help us handle your data appropriately and for an improved consumer experience your information may be transferred to, and stored in, locations outside the European Economic Area (EEA). When we do this we will make sure that we either transfer your data to a country defined by The European Commission as having adequate level of data protection, whether by its domestic legislation or of the international commitments it has entered into, or we will put in place a contract with the processor which will oblige the processor to protect your data to the same standards as the EEA.
You can obtain more details of the protection given to your information when it is transferred outside the EEA by contacting us using the details in the “How Can You Access Your Data” section below.
Linking to Our site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
- You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not establish a link to Our Site in any website that is not owned by you.
- Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of Our Site other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- If you wish to apply for permission to make any use of content on Our Site other than that set out above, please contact us on email@example.com.
Third party links and resources in Our Site
Do We Share Your Data?
We may share your data with other companies, such as our delivery and co commercial partners for the purpose of providing you with the relevant products and/or service(s).
We may sometimes contract with third parties to supply products and services to you on our behalf. These may include payment processing, delivery of goods, search engine facilities, advertising, marketing and our quality & performance evaluation. In some cases, the third parties may require access to some or all of your data. Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law.
We may compile statistics about the use of Our Site including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales, and other information. Unless you have provided us with explicit consent and we have notified you in advance, all such data will be anonymised and will not include any personally identifying data, or any anonymised data that can be combined with other data and used to identify you,. We may from time to time share such data with third parties such as prospective investors, affiliates, partners, and advertisers. Data will only be shared and used within the bounds of the law.
How Can You Access Your Data?
To request access or rectification of your data, please complete our online request form here.
Thank you for visiting Our Site.